Sunday, April 20, 2008

30 things about my parents

1. They are very giving people.

2. They love me.

3. They love Jason.

4. They love Cole.

5. They are good to other people.

6. Mom can make the best chocolate delight pie in the entire world.

7. Dad gives good daddy hugs (still, and i'm 36 hee hee)

8. They each have a great heart and care about things that are important to me.

9. They have continued to make sacrifices in their lives to benefit us.

10. They go out of their way to help us.

11. They are great babysitters (Cole is with them now).

12. They are great dinner companions. (We always look forward to eating with them and not just when they are buying dinner either)

13. They look at my scrapbook pages and compliment them.

14. They survived my teenage years (barely i think).

15. They also have a son (as much as I hate to admit it, it's not all about me lol)

16. They are the glue that holds our extended family together, in my opinion.

17. The best Christmas's are at their house.

18. They are dependable.

19. They are respected by others.

20. Mom knows a lot about a lot of things.

21. Dad knows a lot of people (like cops in Hueytown when I was a bit younger).

22. They don't mind watching Cole so I can go scrapbook out of town!!! YEAH Scrap Etc. Event

23. They want to know a lot about Cole and how he is doing in school, etc - they are genuinely interested in him - it's wonderful!

24. They have been married for over 40 years.

25. They renewed their vowels a long time ago - maybe at 25 years I think in our gym at school/church because our church had burned down and this is where we were meeting at the time (it was painted blue). Mom wore a pink dress.

26. They loved their parents.

27. They love being giving parents and doing for us, even when it's too much!

28. They are interested in our hobbies and careers.

29. They will help us with anything - really, anything - painting, moving for the gajillionth time, anything!

30. We all love them very much!



Lisa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin