You know, Molly got me going on this 30 things for 30 days list. I know she did hers because she was turning 30 and I just wanted to have motivation to post more often. She did 30 things that have changed since she was 20. I thought that was a great idea, so here's mine - 30 things that i've learned, or that has changed in my life, or that hasn't changed in some cases:
1. I learned what a marriage is really about. Of course, I learned the hard way but I learned and that's what counts.
2. I had a child - a wonderful child. I knew at 20 I wanted to have kids, but thought I wanted more than one - but nope, one was just the right number.
3. I always wanted a girl. Most of my cousins had girls before me (like 6 girls before a boy came along and now there are 4 boys!!). But my BOY is the best there is and I wouldn't trade him for all the pink and purple polka dots in the world.
4. I figured out what I really want to be when I grow up and I have taken large steps to get there.
5. I learned that stuff happens in life and you just have to deal with it the best you can and God's got your back.
6. I learned that you really can't be in love with more than one person. This sounds silly but you know when you are young, every boyfriend you have you love. (I was in love with every boyfriend I ever dated) You just think they are everything. They hung the stars. Well, I learned that all those 'loves' weren't really love - because I have it now and it was nothing like this. Now, they were all really special in some way - but no one can compare to my husband!!
7. I learned that your parents really do know what they are talking about.
8. I live on my own not in my parents house, although they are still a huge part of my life.
9. I still want to spend money on new clothes and shoes and my hobbies, even though there are other things that are important. I'm a girl - oh well!!
10. I don't have the same close friends.
11. I have different hobbies - more important ones to me.
12. I didn't know Kenny Chesney existed - now I stalk him. OK, THAT was a joke!!
13. I still love 90210.
14. My cousin is still a close friend of mine.
15. I still really really love music. I've always loved it, disected it, wanted to know the real meaning behind the lyrics. I can remember working at MusicLand and reading lyrics and discussing what they may have meant. LOVED it. And I still do, but my taste in music is much different. I now really only listen to things that I don't mind Cole singing - because he remembers everything!!
16. I still love the movies I loved then - Father of the Bride, Pretty Women, Steel Magnolias, Grease, Grease 2
17. I still like to sleep with a light on. It doesn't have to be a lamp, but that doesn't bother me. I have a nightlight in the hall so Cole can see if he has to get up in the middle of the night and come in our room - that's my story and i'm stinking to it.
18. I still sleep with two pillows and on my side, most of the time.
19. I have curlier hair now than I did then.
20. My hair is still 'big' but not in the same way as it was at 20.
21. I am not as skinny as I was as 20, but I'm skinnier now than I was at 27 - so ten years later, I'm skinnier.
22. I don't buy jewelry to go with every outfit anymore and don't really understand when people do.
23. I don't have nearly as many 'name brand' things in my closet as I did then. Back then it was all about Express, The Limited, Lerner, Eddie Bauer - now it's pretty much Walmart, Goody's and Target.
24. I don't even know what's 'popular' anymore - and I don't really care that much, just a little.
25. I don't read People, Us and all that stuff much anymore - just while in line at Walmart, I don't buy them anymore because it doesn't really matter to me.
26. I look for different things in people now than I did then. Different qualities are important.
27. I realized how silly I was and how I seriously fell for too much - I was gullable and am not quite as gullable now as I was then, but it still rears it's head once in a while and then I'm like - good grief, I fell for that? :)
28. If someone asks me right this minute if I'm happy, the answer would be yes. 15 years ago, it may not have been. Its funny how you can see clearly years later. That whole hindsight thing!!
29. I never thought at 20, or even 23 or 24 that I would move away from home and actually be ok with it. But at 26 I moved four hours away from my family and it was ok. Sure, I missed them, but I needed to 'move on' and do something different in my life.
30. If you told me at 20 that I would be what I am now, have what I have in my life (Jason and Cole), I'm not sure I would have believed it.
Ok - that's the list for today. Am I boring you guys to death? Is there anyone out there? :)