Monday, September 22, 2008

I did it!

I did it, I really did it. I took the plunge - bought a pattern, fabric, thread, straight pins and a pin cushion. Yes, I already had a pin cushion somewhere, but haven't been able to locate it.

I've been watching others sewing projects and just really wanted to sew something the right way. Not guess at measurements. Not mess up and have to fix it because I wasn't following any real directions. I wanted to sew with a purpose - and have a good outcome.

So Saturday I ran to Hobby Lobby and picked up the pattern I wanted. I had searched the Simplicity website for patterns. I went through the bags, crafty things, and aprons and decided on this one:



My kitchen is brown and red with a little black here and there. It's really just things I like thrown together so I wasn't really sure if I would find fabric that really matched the kitchen so I just picked red and black and went with it. Here's the end result:



I almost wish I'd picked an apron with pockets, because I would use it more if it had pockets - but it was so cute, I couldn't help myself. I loved the ruffles!! Very girly.

Jason asked me why I was doing an apron when I never wear them. Hmmm - I have several - two that I've made now (the first one was not as cute as this - but ok, and honestly, I don't even know where it is right now) and a few I've collected. And I really don't wear them but I'm going to start!! I wish I had a really cute pink one for this weekend's Scrap Pink at Scrap Etc.

Something funny that happened - after running to Hobby Lobby, I ran to Publix for groceries. As I was wearing my favorite tshirt - I heart St. Jude - from the gift shop at the hospital. The guy checking me out asked me what in particular I loved about St. Jude. Like it was strange. I said that my son was a patient there. And he said OH!! I get it. I thought you just really liked Saint Jude - like the book of Jude was your favorite in the bible and that Saint Jude must have just done something you really liked.

Seriously?

I would usually take this opportunity as a teachable moment - tell him how great St. Jude is and how deserving they are of our money, prayers, etc. I would talk about how my son is cancer free, thanks to them. But, I didn't think it would be worth it. I mean, this guy thought I would wear a shirt proclaiming my love for my favorite Saint!!

Weird!!

Thank goodness at this point in time, he's just a checker at Publix.

later, lisa

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my GOODNESS, SOOOOOOO super super cute. LOVE it. So it wasn't hard? I can't even thread a sewing machine...really...it's sad. I love the colors too. WOWZA.

Do you guys go to night service? We went to all three day services, lol....so no night service for us yesterday...missed seeing you.

gimmegodiva said...

LOVE the apron!!!! It is too cute to get dirty!!

Creating Memories said...

Super cute apron!

Virginia said...

THAT is so so so cute! Are those the aprons we are getting? ;) Hehe

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin