Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Lots of stuff ......

Happy Tuesday! Woo hoo!! It's Tuesday! What? Ya'll aren't excited about Tuesday - whatever - I am! Tuesday totally rock. Do you want to know why? Well, first - now that it's Tuesday instead of Monday, I know who the next Nashville Star is - and WOW I was so glad she won!! I'm glad because - really she can sing, and she loves it - you can see it in her eyes when she sings - she LOVES it and feels every word she belts out. And I'm also glad she won because she isn't a little skinny thing and none of the mentors (they don't have the whole judge thing like Randy, Paula and Simon) ever knocked her for her size. I think she lost a good bit of weight while there too and they complimented that. You know an Idol - Simon would have said something ugly about having to reinforce the stage or something. There are so many things about Idol I don't like - yet I still watch. SIGH..... moving on.

Last week the lovely Virginia had this on her blog and she awarded it to me:



Who gets the “Brilliante Webblog Award“?

Websites and blogs of your choice for their designs that are especially noteworthy.

1. The winner can take the logo

2. Place a link to the person that sent you the award

3. Give the Award to at least 7 other Scrapbooking-Blogs, which by its currency,the issues of choice and for their designs are especially noteworthy

4. Put a link to these sites on your Blog.

5. Write a comment on their Blogs that they’ve won an Award.


So here's who I'm AWARDING:

1. Shelley - because when she updates her blog and a little (1) pops up next to her name in my Bloglines - I get a little giddy. Love her layouts - love that she's patient when she teaches a class and lets me just go with it and encourages me to think outside the box sometimes.

2. Amy is next! I love her blog because she always comes up with the most fun things to do in her camps for Stampin' Up. I love her cards. Plus she's been doing some digi stuff lately that is way cool. And she because she's a wonderful natural light photographer! On her blog, scroll down to her categories and click photography and check them out - really good!!

3. Morgan is up to bat now. I love reading her blog filled with little Ari stories - he's a cutie. she was one of the best room mated during the Scrap Etc Event (all my room mates rocked, by the way). I always know that around the beginning on the month she'll have a long post filled with layouts. Love looking through them all.

4. And the next one is sort of funny because she rarely blogs but we all at Scrap Etc really wish she would blog a ton more because we love her! Who, you might ask?? Vanessa!! I can remember going through the Scrap Etc. message board looking for Vanessa posts so I could find her blog link because surely she had one. She didn't!! THE SHOCK. Now she does, but she hasn't updated it in quite some time. I will probably see her today and will give her a bit of a hard time about it!! I really love seeing her work! And I'm so glad she's reading the Twilight Series now!!

5. And the next wonderful scrappy blog is: Stephanie - I'm totally a stalker of her blog. I've never met her but read her blog every single day. I love the way she photographs her and her kids together - so sweet. I love that she's a rockin' scrapbooker and I love that she's so honest about her feelings about being a mom, her husband being away from them and how hard it is. She's one cool chick in my book!

6. Here comes Melita - she's another one that I love to see updates from. She always post the best layouts - love the colors she uses and she's really a great scrapper. She also got me to get out some of my old Fiskars stuff I'd forgotten about and now I love it again!!

7. And last but not least I picked the Creative Cafe blog - I know it's not one person - but I still love their blog. I love when they show one of the Creative Cafe Store picks and you can see how another store has their stuff set up. I was so very excited when Scrap Etc got their Creative Cafe stuff in. I actually just went to the store (with yummy homemade Halloween cookies) and hoped I could offer my unpacking of merchandise services. I'd never done that before - never just stalked the store in hopes of helping out. But I knew I would love their stuff and wanted to see it right away I guess. No one seemed to mind and I hope I was actually helpful that day. I still love the Creative Cafe - my favorite things are the buttons - there's one button in particular that I love and have in many many colors!

Ok, now I feel like I need to say a few extra things. First - when picking my 7 - I tried not to pick people that Virginia named (or anyone else that did this same thing may have named). I guess it's ok if someone gets named twice, but I was trying to spread the love. I realized two blogs I always read (Carol and Monique) haven't posted any scrapping things in a while - so I didn't list them in hopes that they would prove me wrong by posting tons of layouts or projects or something lol - sorry girls. I just love seeing what ya'll make!!

Ok - that's enough from me today - oh wait - one more reason I like Tuesday's - I almost forgot - The Secret Life of the American Teenager comes on. Have you watched this? oh - I love it. And not just because Molly Ringwald and Josie Bissett are in it - although those are great bonuses. I just love it. The main character is just cute - I like her. Anyway - comes on tonight - so check it out - or go watch in online!

now I'm officially done - i have some scrappyness to go tackle and some errands to run today!
later

2 comments:

Amy Nabors said...

oh you are so sweet! thank you!! i'll try to get mine up by the end of this week. right now it's back to sewing a handbag.

Shelley Burkett said...

Thanks, Lisa!!!!

You are so sweet ;)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin