Monday, August 11, 2008

I'm becoming one of 'those' girls!!

You know - I've fussed about them, I've tried not to turn into them, I get props to the girls who AREN'T them, but here I am...................

I want straight hair.

There - I've said it.

I have fussed a million times about celebrities that have naturally curly hair but they straighten it all the time (or have some fab salon do it for them). Well, I've fussed that they can't just give in to the natural curly hair they have - I've wanted them to do it for all of us curly headed girls that can't afford tons of straightening products and $200 flat irons and chemical treatments.

And now....

I'd rather have straight hair. I mean, I'm ok with the curls most of the time. But last week, the humidity was zilch and my straight hair was good. Tomorrow - the humidity will be back. Just thinking about it is making my hair frizz. Why oh why can't it just be straight 90% of the time? Why can't the humidity stay below 45% all of the time? or why can't my curls keep themselves in line and not frizz out or do whatever they want to do when I'm trying to have a good hair day?? Do they act out because they actually long to be 'straight' too? hmmmm, maybe so. Maybe they are rebelling..............

Maybe I need to get a life? huh? or a job? hmmm, somethings gotta give huh?

later,
lisa (currently with curly hair that will be frizzed out tomorrow with the first sign of rain)

3 comments:

gimmegodiva said...

Does it make you feel better to know that I used to spend a ton of time and money on perms just to get my hair a little bit curly????I finally gave up......

Unknown said...

you are funny. :) I straightened Alyssa's hair the other day and thought of you...too funny.

Michelle Johnson said...

Oh, hush. :P

Try living in England with curly hair. Not fun. Forget straightening. I'm thinking Sinead O'Connor.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin