Sunday, March 1, 2009

I'm a slacker!

Well, at least on Blogger, I'm a slacker. I haven't been slacking anywhere else. I've subbed 8 days this month - six were the last six days of school. So, I've been busy. Cole's teacher had to have sinus surgery and had problems so she needed to be home getting well. Bless her nose!! I felt so bad for her - so I hope while she was gone I did a good job with her kids and didn't leave her classroom in too bad of a mess. I tried to keep things neat are orderly!!

Besides working, we bought a house last week. Thursday to be exact! Thank goodness the closing went well. We had already been put off once so we were a little worried that something else would happen. The current homeowner is still there and is technically supposed to be out by Thursday but we think her moving truck is coming Friday. We'll hopefully be able to head over there Friday during the day and get the keys. Now we're trying to plan painting and floors and all that. We're hoping the floors look really good under the carpet - hopefully nice hardwoods. There's so much to do - like pack, pack and oh yes - more packing!!

I have lots to pack.

But while I'm packing, I'll be cleaning out - there's just only so much you can keep moving from home to home. I mean, if it's still boxed up from Mobile, did I really need it? If there's no super sentimental attachment - then it needs to GO!!

I've been perusing blogs lately looking at decorating ideas. My friend Virginia mentioned one she reads that's great ideas, but I can't remember the name. I need to ask her again. I've got a few ideas I want to try out, but Jason is so not into decorating if it means buying anything new. I don't want to spend a ton of money - but I'd like to do a few things differently. You know, if a new house, a new room - you just want a new feeling sometimes. So, we'll see how that goes. I'll take pictures of the house once we get in and it's empty and then show you what we do in each room. I really can't wait - but I dread the packing and moving it and unpacking. That is the worst part!!! The arranging things and making it all US is what I love!

Okay - I have snow pictures, but I haven't uploaded them yet. I'll do that tomorrow.

Anyone have a need for small styrofoam coolers? They would hold us six pack. I have at least 6, maybe more. I'll actually have another one this week, so I'll have at least 7!!

WOW, I just left a cabinet door open and Jason is telling me I could have been responsible for his death had he hit his head. Goodness!!

On that note, time to put the kid to bed!
later,
lisa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin