Friday, November 26, 2010

Thankful I'm not shopping this morning

Today, I'm thankful I got to stay in.  I would be more thankful if I'd been able to sleep in, too - but alas, I'm awake and have been for quite some time. 

What I'm really thankful for is that I don't work in retail anymore.  There may be a time in the future where I'll be back to retail, but hopefully not.  I worked last year on the day after Thanksgiving and hated it.  We weren't super crowded or anything and honestly, the craziness of it all is a bit fun, but the getting up so stinkin' early is the part I hate.  I usually don't sleep well the night before - in anticipation I guess, or worry that I'll over sleep!!  Then about the time I really get to sleep, it's time to get up. 

I'm just thankful that I've found a job, that's not as close to home as I would like, but it's a paycheck and I actually enjoy what I do.  It's not the teaching job I'm still hoping for, but it's not retail!!

I know this is a really lame thankful post - but honestly, I've worked retail for so long and spent so much time in stores on the day after Thanksgiving - it's really a blessing when I get to NOT be on the other side of the counter. 

And as a bonus, I'm super thankful that my friend Brandi added a few things from my shopping list to her list since she hit Walmart and Target last night/this morning!!  So grateful for that!!

Have a happy black Friday and Iron Bowl Day - Roll Tide Roll!

lisa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin