Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thankful for the high road.

Seems like a crazy thing to be thankful for, right?  Well, I am thankful for it.  See, today I was reminded of two different situations where I needed to take the high road - and have.  Later I was thinking about how frustrating it is that I have to.  Why can't the person that let me down take the high road?  Then I wouldn't have been let down.  Why can't the person that takes advantage of me take the high road?  That's just life I guess.  Now, nothing major has happened, I was just thinking today, that's all.  Lots of spare time at work today lead to deep thinking, I guess.

Anyway - back to the high road.  There are so many times in life where I feel like I'm taking the high road.  I'm NOT telling someone what I really think because it may hurt their feelings. I'm NOT telling someone that I'm doing things my way, because it's about me.  I'm NOT simply living my life all for me. 

I do make tons of mistakes.  I don't do thinks I should and I do things I shouldn't.  And at the end of each day, God's taken the high road with me.  He's not mad at me for making a bad choice, or letting him down.  He's forgiving me every day for anything I may do that's not 'high road' material.  Over and over.  Every minute, every hour of every day.  Why don't I do that?  Why is it hard for me to let go of a grudge, or not be hurt or bothered by someone?  He's not.  He loves me anyway.

Wow, that's something I need to work on and am really thankful for - God's always taking the high road with me - so I should do the same!!

lisa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin