Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Creating some fun stuff:

I won't bore you with my pictures of the day from yesterday. I know (if anyone actually reads this) that it's not that interesting!! :D And yesterday was a rather boring day, and today is looking the same. Not sure that all these pictures was a good idea - showing what little I accomplish in a day!!

So with Mother's Day around the corner, I'm trying to find some interesting things to make for the mom's in my life. This is the first thing I'm working on:



Here's the tutorial - Fireflies and Jellybeans
I'm also planning on making one for my sister-in-law since she's getting married in October. I was thinking about changing it up a bit and doing one that said "Grammy's House" with the Est. date, the year Cole was born. We'll see how that works out!

I'm also going to do this for my mother-in-law:



The cross in the middle has one of my favorite versus written around the shape. So, I've picked out another shape and verse and I'm going to try this for my mother-in-law!

I'm also thinking about this for my mother-in-law:



She loves to read and collects lots of books - so I think she's like this. I've got one almost completed (which I learned how to do here) so if I can finish it in time, I think she'll like it. I wish I had some old recipe books to use to make one for my mom, but I'm not sure where she'd put it - but it would be fun out of recipes since she's a cake maker!!

I would also like to do a silhouette of Cole for my mom. He's got a great shaped head for that!! We may try that this afternoon!!

I made this, too - to give my sister-in-law, who is having a sweet baby girl Monday.



This was a Hobby Lobby find, after Easter for 90% off (nice score). The little square in the middle had a bunny scene on it that I covered with Dear Lizzy paper. I added the A (for Ashlyn) and a flower and some ribbon. I think on the back side I'm going to write out this verse: For this child I have prayed and the Lord hath given me my petition which I asked of Him.

They have a pink cross for the nursery that has part of that verse on it, so it would be a cute addition I think. I'm hoping I can make something cute to put inside it - but I may run out of time!!

And, last but not least, I want to make a bridal planner for my sister-in-law and mother-in-law to use while planning the wedding.

I guess, all of that means, I need to get off of here and get busy!!
Later!





Photobucket

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin