Friday, May 22, 2009

She's crafty

So, I thought I would share a few things I've worked on lately!!

I made this little mini album about the new house. Sorry the pictures are pretty small, but I just didn't want to load all the big ones!!


This was an Easter picture - my cousin and I always try to have pictures taken together - usually it takes about three to get a good shot. I rarely scrapbook pictures of the two of us and thought this paper was so pretty - I just had to use it. I love pink, green and brown together.



This is from Easter, too - my mom did a fun scavenger hunt for the kids and this is Cole finishing up the hunt!



And this one is filled with a few pictures of the girls at the Wishful Thinking event. I had such a wonderful time with all of them. I can't wait for the next event. I can't wait to help out and do all the fun behind the scenes stuff - it's just fun to be creative with all the other girls!!




So, I've been on the computer for over an hour trying to get my printer to work. And finally Kris from Lexmark took care of it. In the meantime, all I could do was sit here and watch as he took over - the pointer just doing it's own thing like my computer was possessed. But, now resumes are printing and cover letters are done. I'm off to address envelopes in my best elementary school handwriting and will have to drop them in the mail TODAY!! We are heading to Mobile tomorrow for a long weekend. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we're going to make it to LuLu's for some dinner over the weekend. YUMMY!! I can't wait. It's one of my all time favorite places in LA (lower Alabama). Lots of fun times there - lots of great memories. I can't wait.

Now that school is out, I'm slowly going to finish up all the stuff that needs to be unpacked and put away somewhere. We really want to be able to park in the garage at some point. Right now, we're doing good to walk through it! Well, I trip through it - it's like an obstacle course to get around the boxes and bins and stuff!!!

I had two interviews this last week but didn't get either job. I am pretty bummed about that. One was really my dream job - the perfect grade level, a wonderful school - oh well. It wasn't meant to be. But I'm beginning to wonder what IS meant to be. I don't have patience for this. I know I need them - I know I need them in many areas of my life, but you know, it's hard to be patient when you want something so badly. I watched the fifth graders walk down the hall to their graduation yesterday and wow - it was awesome. I remember my first group of students at Dodge and then my next group - they are all in middle school now. I miss them. Some were absolutely so sweet - just good kids. The kind of kids you hope to have in class, the kind of kid you hope you are raising, too. I love kids. Anyway, I'm sending out tons of resumes today and lots of cover letters - tons of applications online, too. So I'm just hoping that the perfect job will come along - quickly.

Okay - off to finish up some laundry so we can pack up our stuff - Cole already has his clothes picked out and his toys ready to go!!

Have a wonderful memorial day!
lisa

2 comments:

Amy said...

I love your book - and the house too!! :) I'm sorry that the jobs didn't work out - I'll keep your job search in my prayers... patience is always tough.

Just call me "B" said...

Love the book, and the layouts! So cute!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin