Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Spring is coming, right??

I'm so very tired of this dreary weather. It was nice to break out the flip flops and capris for a day. Now if we could get a week of flip flop weather, that would be really nice. Like next week, possibly? You know, while the kids are on SPRING BREAK! Why is it never warm during Spring Break?

Anyway, we've been busy around here. We had a baby shower in Mobile this past weekend for my sister in law. She's having a sweet baby girl in May. The shower was a blast - she got tons of adorable things. She liked the canvas I painted her and I was so worried she wouldn't like it or it wouldn't match perfectly. I always worry when I give homemade gifts. She loved the canvas though and the diaper cake and banner! I can't wait to go back to Mobile and meet little Ashlyn! But we've got to wait until May!!

In the meantime, we've got another baby shower in a little over two weeks. I have several things I want to make for that one. Just haven't started. We also have a baby shower at work next week and again, haven't started the gifts! Speaking of work - it's been crazy lately. Our assistant manager is out on maternity leave and we have someone else filling in. There's lots of stress and tension. Apparently sales are done, too - so hours always get cut when that happens. My hours are next to nothing now. I'm working three hours tomorrow - just three. I just looked at next week's schedule and I'm only scheduled one day. ONE DAY! Now, I did request Thursday and Friday off, but I should still have my regular Tuesday. But so far, I don't. I'm thinking maybe the schedule isn't finished yet? I don't know. I think my days there are numbered. I am now on the list to sub and will be printing some little cards today to take to the school with my name and number. Hopefully I'll get called to sub soon! I've been stalking the subbing website but haven't been able to get a day, but I'm only available Monday's and Wednesday's. So, that's a little too limiting I think.

Spring Break is next week for Cole and Jason. Of course, Jason still has to work most of the week, but won't have school Tuesday night. We'll have some good time at home I hope. We were trying to plan a trip somewhere. We have the hardest time planning vacations, unless it's a Disney trip. That's easy! We couldn't agree on any place. And if we thought of somewhere we both liked, there wasn't really anything we wanted to do there. The only thing we could both agree on is the fact that we are sick of our couch. So, we ended up spending our vacation fund on furniture. We picked out a couch, love seat, chair and a half, and ottoman. Our living room and den are next to each other and both rather small, so we don't have room to put all that furniture in one room, so it'll be split up between the two. We get the couch, Cole gets the love seat! One day we may change up the layout of the main floor and have a bigger living area and it'll all fit that way - together. But for now, Cole needs a room to play in. The bad thing is there are too many toys in the den - the are everywhere. Plus there's a giant closet full of toys. I really want to get rid of things but Jason likes the idea of keeping Cole's toys. I would like to pick out the special things that really were "him" and save them for his kids. But lots of things need to go. Cole's home sick today so he's already helped me clean up a bit of the mess in his room. We've filled two rather large boxes already! He's very willing to give things up that he hasn't played with in a while, and even compromised on a few things that there were two sets of. I'm proud of him for being willing to give some things away.

He's been busy working on Cub Scout stuff, too. He got his first belt loop two weeks ago and will get a few more at the end of this month. He went fishing with the boys Saturday during the baby shower, so that belt loop is taken care of. He went with me to the library last week and got his very own library card, so that's another one down. And we did the family traveling belt loop when we went to Memphis. So, he's slowly accomplishing lots of important things in Cub Scouts. He likes it for the most part. The boys get a little rowdy some meetings though and he gets frustrated that it's loud. I refuse to give in to that though. I know it's too loud sometimes, but not all the time. I also bring earplugs, just in case. But, I'm hoping he'll continue to adapt to loud noise. I don't expect him to want to watch the fireworks at Disney with no headphone, but it's just nice that he's doing thing without them more and more. When he first started Karate at five, he had to wear earplugs. By the time we stopped taking karate at the last place, he wasn't wearing them. He doesn't cover his ears in class much anymore. So, we'll take the baby steps! You've got to start somewhere, right?

Okay, I'm done rambling on. Off to chill a bit since I don't feel so hot - and Cole seems to be fine, just playing away (while coughing, of course). The rain may force us to take a nap today though. That would be nice!



Photobucket

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin