Monday, June 6, 2011

Meal Planning Monday

I'm not really one to plan a menu for the week, but after spending some time at Food Gawker I've been wanting to kick it up a notch and make some different dishes.  I have a little more time now that schools out and I'm not subbing (or working part time) so dinner prep isn't as terrible of a task!!

This is what's planned for this week:

Monday - Chicken tenders, creamy chicken rice and lima beans with crescent rolls (this sounds like I'll be slaving away all day, but the chicken is Tyson, the rice is Knorr and the beans come out of a can!

Tuesday - Buffalo Chicken Sliders with potato wedges.  We had a friend in Mobile who made potato wedges that were so good.  You bake a potato in the microwave for about 5 minutes, then slice them, like potato chips, but 1/2 an inch thick.  You lay them on a cookie sheet, top with a pat of butter and some shredded cheese and bacon bits (which I just realized I forgot at the store!).

Wednesday - Chicken Parmesan and garlic bread - don't get excited - it's just a frozen meal you toss in a skillet.

Thursday - Santa Fe chicken wraps with mexican rice.  I take chicken strips (you know the kind for fajitas) and cook them with Philidelphia Cooking Cream Santa Fe mix - it's so good!! 

Friday - Ham and cheese loaf with pasta salad.  The ham and cheese loaf is crazy good.  You take a pizza dough (I usually use thick crust, but I'm trying thin this time) smooth it out on a cookie sheet and layer ham across the whole crust, top with shredded cheese that you mix with a little mayo.  You sort of split the dough into thirds long ways, fold one third over the middle, then fold the other third over.  Flip it over so the seam is on the bottom, and coat with a slightly beaten egg, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and cut a few slits into the top.  Bake at 350 for about 25 minutes.  It's so yummy.  I also add feta cheese and pepperoni to the pasta salad - yum!!

So, now I'm hungry!!!  I made these last week and the week before - so yummy!! And these Saturday - wowsers they were so good!! So, go check out that site - amazing recipes - pages of pretty pictures of food - click on a picture to find the recipe and be prepared to spend a few hours!!

And now I wonder if my menu with stick!!

I'll let you know!
Lisa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin