Saturday, June 4, 2011

Busy little bee

So, I finally got a Silhouette.  And nothing in my home is safe from it's craftiness!!  NOTHING!! :D

My first project was simple:


I took a canvas, painted it a pale pink, cut out Birthday Girl, the butterfly and cake and Mod-Podged it to the canvas.  Added some photo corners and it's done.  The purpose was to give my sister-in-law something she could display at each of Ashlyn's birthday parties, and in her bedroom with her birthday picture. 

Then I did this for the birthday girl:


Terribly blurry picture - she is a little cupcake!! 

Next, I moved on to this:


This the my bathroom wall - the wall behind the door, so you only see it when you go in and shut the door - but it was so blank and lonely.  I added these and just need a word to go in that blank space.  Any suggestions?

Now, I needed a little Roll Tide in my dining room so I came up with this:

We recently moved dining room furniture around, again.  Our main living area is two huge rooms - both long and not too wide.  When you walk in the front door, there's a living room and what appears to be a dining room.  Then straight ahead you walk into the den area, with a kitchen.  So the kitchen is sort of open into the den.  Before Christmas last year we decided we needed to rearrange to have room for Christmas trees.  Yes, I said trees - we had three!  Anyway, I really like the new arrangement, Jason and Cole did not.  First it meant Cole lost his den, or play area.  Second, the dining room table was right in the same room with the kitchen - which made sense to me, but only to me!  We decided to move it all back recently, but by doing that, it threw off all my decor that was on the bakers rack in the new dining room/old den.  Oh the stress!!!  So, in an attempt to make it all work out - I bought new valances for the dining area and kept the decor.  We're big Bama fans here so we had all our cool Bama collectibles/memorabilia on the bakers rack.  Now, with the change of a few accessories, we are good to go.  I felt the need to switch some things up and add to a few other things.  I really wanted something cute to set on my cedar chest in that area and this is what I ended up with:


And then I took down a few things off the wall, painted them black and hung them back up.  This got a makeover, too - thanks to the Silhouette!



My plate rack was green with green plates, after a coat or twelve of spray paint and new plates from Target, we had a fresh new look.  I loved the doily banner and the home sweet home was perfect.  I'm still learning with the Silhouette - learning I need to be more patient and I really need transfer paper, too!!  That middle plate took two tries to get it right!!  Crazy stuff!

Anyway, that's what I've been doing lately - what about you?

linking up here:

2 comments:

Andrea S. said...

Love your plates Lisa! :) When did you end up getting the Silhouette? Fun isn't it? ;)

Mindie Hilton said...

I would love for you to link it up to my party that is running now. Any linky goes.

http://bacontimewiththehungryhypo.blogspot.com/2011/06/any-link-goes-party-running-now-summer.html

Come strut your stuff.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin